Energy Statements are required for developments to either:
- Demonstrate, as part of your planning application, how the proposed development meets Local Authority energy, CO2 and sustainability requirements; or
- To satisfy the requirements of Building Regulations ADL1A. This is known as a Statement 25A and would not be required where an energy statement has previously been provided at planning stage unless the energy strategy has substantially changed.
- Whether the requirement is to meet London Plan, Local Authority or Building Regulation requirements, SES are experienced in modelling and optimising energy strategies for large and small scale developments, negotiating with planning officers as required.
Energy Statements take into consideration:
- London Plan/Local Authority/Building Regulation Requirements.
- Number and type of residential and commercial units.
- Size, layout and orientation.
- Construction specification and fabric efficiency.
- Heating, hot water and ventilation.
- On and Off site renewable energy provision.
- The Be Lean, Be Clean, Be Green energy hierarchy.
SES have a team of experienced qualified OCDEA, NDEA Energy Assessors who can incorporate not only an optimised energy/CO2 strategy but also Code for Sustainable Homes, BREEAM and water efficiency amongst other sustainability issues into your Statement to demonstrate compliance and help towards planning approval or Building Control handover.