Stansted Environmental Services Limited (SES) can provide you with a fast and cost effective Thermal Imaging Assessment service.
The thermal imaging assessment maybe required if you feel your property has heat loss and cold spots within the building.
SES can carry out a thermal imaging assessment of the internal and external envelope of the dwelling to identify any potential cold bridging areas using a TESTO thermography meter.
The thermography equipment would enable SES to identify any cold bridging zones which would lead to excessive heating demand of the dwelling during the winter period as well as affect the perceived thermal comfort by the occupants.
Uses thermal imaging to determine the thermal performance of buildings
Infrared thermography is the cience of acquisition and analysis of thermal information from non-contact thermal imaging devices. It identifies heat loss from buildings
SES offers thermal imaging of building fabric for the construction sector.
Thermal imaging of building fabric helps to;
- Identify areas of missing/defective insulation.
- Identify thermal bridges.
- Identify areas at risk from mould and condensation.
- Identify water leaks in flat roof / building surfaces
- Investigating moisture damage.
- Demonstrate compliance with Part L of the Building Regulations
- Detection structural defects and ensuring construction quality.
- Satisfy requirements for BREEAM Assessments (Management Man 01: Sustainable procurement) which states;
– The main contractor accounts for a thermographic survey within the project budget and programme of works. (Coming Soon)
What are the benefits of choosing SES?
- Typically only -3 hrs on site – minimum disruption (early morning or evening time)
- Experimental investigation
- Liaison with your Building Control Officer, insurance body, or client
As well as providing a fast and accurate thermal imaging assessment at a market leading price, our experienced energy assessors will be happy to assist you with free impartial advice regarding air tight construction details. We can also offer you a single point of contact for all of your Part L requirements, including carrying out your SAP Assessment and issuing an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) on completion of your project.