SAP Calculations and EPC's (Energy Performance Certificates) SES have Elmhurst Accredited SAP Assessors who can carry out SAP Calculations for compliance with Part L1A & L1B of the Building Regulations.
We can help you achieve your SAP certification by offering advice, recommendations and action at all stages of the process. Part L of the Buildings Regulations requires that all residential developments must conform to specific target requirements on energy efficiency & CO2 emissions.
SAP is the method of measuring the energy efficiency of new-build residential buildings. It involves the use of a ‘notional’ model to evaluate new-build projects to produce a Target Emissions Rating (TER) in line with Part L of the Building Regulations.
SAP takes into consideration
- Building materials
- Insulation values
- Thermal Bridging
- Air Tightness
- Heating and lighting
- Renewable energy
Once the building is complete the SAP Assessor will confirm constructions used, incorporate the air test result where applicable and produce the As Built SAP Report and Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). This certificate is required for handover to Building Control and also for the rent/sale of the property.
SAP Calculations & EPCs will be required for:
- New builds
- Any existing property being converted into a dwelling (i.e. former office buildings being converted to apartments)
- Extensions to dwellings where the glazing is more than 25% of the floor area being added
The experience and technical ability within the SES Energy and Sustainability team enables us to optimise the outcome of your SAP Calculations;
- We will calculate the heat loss through your building elements within the U Value Calculations.
- We will calculate the heat loss through your building junctions by modelling & assessing your thermal bridges.
- We have extensive experience in build materials and can advise with regards to their thermal combustible properties for fire regulations.
- Our SAP assessors will work together with our Air Tightness Testers to set a realistic testing target and ensure the swift turnaround of EPCs.
Benefits of Choosing SES?
- Design stage consultation and calculations.
- As-built consultation and calculations.
- Certification provided for your Building Control Officer.
- Advice for areas of improvement allowing you to meet your Building Regulations and Planning requirements.
- Providing EPCs for dwellings with lodgement on the Landmark National database.