SES is an Environmental Consultancy providing a “one stop shop” for all environmental services; testing, sustainability and analysis requirements for Clients throughout the South East. we are looking to recruit a Geotechnical Engineer.
As a Geotechnical Engineer with SES you will work with other members within the team to provide support services related to foundations, retaining structures, slopes and road projects etc. Where required you will prepare specifications and reports and carry out site inspections. You will attend client meetings and manage the client interface on progressively larger and more complex projects.
Other key duties will include:
- Scope and price geotechnical aspects of projects.
- Work with external and internal clients as a member of the geotechnical team.
- Assist as a team member or lead geotechnical related projects.
- Apply your understanding of construction methods.
- Undertake site works including supervision of drilling rigs.
- Preparation of reports and specifications.
- Site inspections and reporting.
- Field monitoring and data collection.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Degree Qualified in Geology or Civil Engineering.
- Higher degree or specialist expertise (advantageous).
- Have experience in geotechnical and foundation solutions using current standards and Eurocodes.
- Skilled in communicating with various clients and able to build a professional relationship.
- Be able to deliver projects on time, within budget.
- Possess skills in project management and working within teams.
- Experience in ground characterisation.
- Experience in design.
- Experience of project management.
- Appreciation of engineering risk.
- An understanding of commercial risk.
- Prepared to innovate.
- Ongoing development of professional skills.
- Experience of contaminated land investigations (advantageous).
As a valued employee you will be rewarded with the following:
- Highly competitive Annual Salary
- Generous company pension (employer contribution up to 10%) increasing with length of service
- A company vehicle or car allowance and fully expensed fuel card for personal and professional mileage
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 20 days holidays, plus English bank holidays, plus the Christmas shutdown (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
- Discretionary Annual Bonus depending on company performance
- On site Gym facilities
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Comprehensive social calendar including but not limited to; Christmas Party and various activities and sporting events throughout the year
If you are interested in applying for the above role, please click here.