We are looking to recruit a Geotechnical Engineer.
As a Geotechnical Engineer with SES you will work with other members within the team to provide support services related to foundations, retaining structures, slopes and road projects etc. Where required you will prepare specifications and reports and carry out site inspections. You will attend client meetings and manage the client interface on progressively larger and more complex projects.
Reporting into the Associate Director (Geo Environmental) you will be responsible for promoting the work of SES primarily with respect to geotechnical and contaminated land works. Successful candidates will be required to assist with the growth of the geo-environmental business area for Weston Homes and external clients.
This role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the specialist geotechnical engineering aspects of design projects from inception to completion in a range of sectors, including residential, commercial and industrial (among others).
- To prepare technical reports including Ground Investigation Reports and Piling Risk Assessments.
- Attending project meetings and liaising with the structural design team and other disciplines on the production and supervision of detailed designs and specifications to meet with design and construction programmes and coordination of geotechnical design and detailing work appropriate to the project.
- Contribution to internal management of projects and associated resourcing appropriate to experience and capability.
- To implement and manage the quality procedures and safety procedures for geotechnical drilling services
- To promote the work of SES
- Effective management and development of all direct report employees aligned with organisational strategy, culture, values and HR practices
- Degree in Geology, Earth Sciences or Civil Engineering
- A thorough understanding of the ground investigation and geo-environmental industry, including knowledge of relevant plant and equipment, standard specifications, various conditions of contract forms, Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Experience in producing geotechnical and geo-environmental interpretative reports based upon analysis of factual site investigation data and test results.
- Sound knowledge of geotechnical analysis and design methods across a range of soil types covering ordinary and piled rafts, other forms of spread footing, piles, retaining walls, deep excavations, ground improvement, dewatering and slope stability.
- Experience incorporating soil-structure interaction within geotechnical analysis.
- Experience in dealing with contaminated ground conditions, including specification of remediation.
- Knowledge in UK legislation and guidance relating to contaminated land and geotechnical engineering.
- Understanding of BS5930, geological mapping, geotechnical ground investigation works and EC7.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of working in the field of contaminated land investigations (Desirable)
Reward and Benefits:
As a valued employee you will be rewarded with the following:
- Highly competitive Annual Salary
- Generous company pension (employer contribution up to 10%) increasing with length of service
- A company vehicle or car allowance and fully expensed fuel card for personal and professional mileage
- Private healthcare
- 20 days holidays, plus English bank holidays, plus the Christmas shutdown (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
- Life Insurance
- Discretionary Annual Bonus depending on company performance
- On site gym facilities
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Comprehensive social calendar which may include; Summer Ball; Family Fun Day; Christmas Party and various activities and sporting events throughout the year
If you are interested in applying for the above role, please click here.